The hiring contract shall be between the hirer and the property owner and shall be deemed to be subject to the following conditions of hire:
1. The booking will be confirmed by the owner by return of the signed Booking Form completed together with the booking fee. No booking will be confirmed until we have received the form and deposit, and we have notified you of the acceptance of the booking in writing. When the booking is confirmed in writing, the hirer is responsible for the total price, as advised.
2. Booking will commence on either Friday or Saturday; but we are happy to be flexible with arrival/departure days; and offer short breaks, on request
3. The balance of the booking fee due is payable 6 weeks before arrival. Where a booking is made less than 6 weeks before arrival the full rental is payable when booking. You are responsible for the balance of the rental. No further reminders will be sent.
4. Booking fees cannot be refunded. If you cancel within 8 weeks of your arrival date you will be liable for the full balance due unless we can re-let the property. Hirers are advised to take out holiday insurance to cover this risk.
5. The main condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of the property and contents, and it is left clean and tidy, as you will find it. A security deposit of £200.00 is payable with the final balance and will be totally refunded, in the week of departure, if no damage, breakages or spillages occur. You should be aware all damage, breakages, repairs or excessive cleaning are the responsibility of the guests and their costs shall be refundable on demand. Damage also includes losing keys, or calling out a locksmith, if latch is dropped or damage occurs to lock. This liability is not limited to the amount of the security deposit.
6. We accept debit and credit card payments, cheques and bank transfers
7. Occupation is limited to the number of people accepted by the initial booking (2 person occupancy). Under no circumstances can the accommodation be subject to third parties.
8. The cottage will be available from 14.30hrs on the day of arrival; and departure time is 10.30hrs.
9. If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage this must be reported to the manager (who will inform the owner) immediately otherwise the matter cannot be fully investigated. It is too late to report it after the holiday. We want you to enjoy your holiday on the Island. If we can help in any way please contact our Cottage Managers – Jan Cain or Nikki Salmon whose contact details are in the ‘Roy Cottage Visitor Info Book’.
10. The owners do not accept liability for any injury sustained or for any loss or damage to belongings brought onto the property by guests.
11. The owners reserve the right to gain access to the property at any reasonable time and to terminate your accommodation if it should cause excess nuisance to surrounding properties.
- Only children over the 10 years of age are accepted
- We regret pets are not allowed
- No smoking allowed in the cottage